Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy 2009, goodbye to bloging


I hope everyone has a great new year filled with prosperity, luck, happiness, and all of that other good stuff. I hope that each and every one of you has success with your resolutions/and goals for the new year.

For what ever reason, I am the type of person that needs constant reassurance and positive feedback or I just shut down on what ever I am doing. This holds true for blogging as it does for just about everything else. As an example, I went to my parents house in August and my dad made a comment about how I said I was getting all skinny, but then when I crawled into the hot tub with him he commented that I looked as fat as I always did. I have not been right since, weight loss has taken a back burner, and my exercise regimen has suffered as well. Anyway, I don't want to dwell on that...but it is just an example of how I need to feel good about what I am doing in order to keep up with it. I would get really discouraged with the comments on my blog, 14 posts with no comments was enough to push me over the edge of no return. This problem is further exasperated by the fact that I have a lot more time on most days that others do, and I'd be checking my blog 5 or 6 times a day and would get dejected when there were no comments.

So this is the last post on my blog. Hopefully everyone understands, and know that I wish nothing but the best for all who occasionally glanced my way. That goes for family and friends. Good luck to all and Happy 2009!

Of course the ultimate coup de grace would be to leave a comment about my post about not leaving comments. I can't say that I will never check in and see if there is anything there, but it's not going to be a regular thing. So feel free, just know that it may be sitting in cyberspace collecting dust for days, weeks, even months as I resist the urge to check for comments in OCD way I do things.

6 comments:

Michael said...

It takes a while for a person to find his or her way...to a specific blog among the millions (billions?) out there, or to any other physical, mental, or spiritual location. I've been wandering around like a lost little puppy for over a half century and, not only do I still not know where I'm going, but I'm often not sure where I've been. Going with the flow has been an easier path, but not very rewarding.

Best wishes.

Unknown said...

I know many will miss the blog. I personally like actually talking to you to get the experience first hand ;-) There have been times that I heard the story over the phone and then saw that it had been on the blog days before that. You are a terrific writer and the blog had awesome stories in it. Maybe consider a personal journal instead? Then you won't be looking for feedback and you can look back later as you and the kids get older ;-)

Unknown said...

I will definitely miss your blog. Sometimes your made me LOL, but that is hard to get in the comment. The story about Nick bawling his eyes out is one example.

There is another kind of blogging to a group type of web app that might be interesting. I will do some research and send some email.

I know it was a lot of work, but you also have gained because of it. Writers hone their skill by journaling and that is what you were doing here.

anna jo said...

you should at least keep journaling your experiences through life/endurence sports/whatever. I think it's a good thing to be able to look back upon your experiences and learn from them... I'm sad we won't get to hear all about your adventures via the blog, but I understand your decision. good luck with everything! hopefully we see you around the bloggernet sometime in the future. :)

Jeanne said...

Chris, I am going to miss the blog
I checked every night. with my hours it was a way to keep up on
all of you. I'll try emailing more.

Its a young life.... said...

I will miss reading your blog. It was fun to see what your life, and your wife's life was doing. Sorry to have only been a "stalker" and not a note leaver. :)