Friday, December 19, 2008

Guess I shudda taken a left at Albuquerque!

I'm off to Albuquerque today! I'm headed to The Land of Enchantment to watch my CSU Rams do battle with the Fresno St. Bulldogs. The game is on Saturday at 12:30 PM Mountain time on ESPN (watch...look for me!). This will be the 3rd bowl game that I have traveled to, I went to the Holliday Bowl in 1997 and watched CSU beat Missouri and in 1999 I went to Memphis to watch the Rams lose to Southern Miss. This year's matchup against Fresno is going to be a tough game, they seem to be a good team. The Rams success will hinge on their running game, and supposedly Fresno has some injuries to their Defensive line. Regardless, I'll be there screaming my head off along with my partner in crime....Nick. Nick's wife called me up around Thanksgiving and said she wanted to surprise Nick with the trip, so for the better part of a month she and I plotted and planned this secret trip. We sprang the news to him on Wednesday night, she even went behind his back and got him the day off on Friday for traveling...he had no idea! It was great! If you were to record that conversation, you could play it and use it as an example of the definition of flabbergasted. He was so surprised, I couldn't tell if he was crying, or just on the verge of it. In my mind I'm going to run with the idea that he was bawling his eyes out, but trying to hide it in a manly manner!

Hopefully the two of us won't be returning on Sunday with the same crying but trying to cover it up reaction from the game! Tune in and see!!!

0 comments: